September 29, 2008

I'm a Wilton Course 1 Graduate!

Yes folks, I got my little certificate of completion this evening after attending the final class for Wilton Course 1. So this is the cake I made for my final class.I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!
The roses were still a biatch, but I think I finally got the hang of it towards the end of class. I made a lemon cake for this one, so I thought I'd tie it all together with yellow roses. The filling is lemon curd. Someone in an earlier post asked how I don't eat everything that I make. Well, after class, I do enjoy a slice with Bear, then the next day the rest of it gets taken to work to share with co-workers so that we don't eat it all at home :)
With the layoffs that went down last Friday at work, I wasn't sure whether I would be continuing with Course 2, because part of me felt guilty for spending on what would currently be considered a luxury/fun item from my budget and not something out of necessity. But considering the next class is only going to cost twenty-one bucks, I decided to sign up. Besides, I need to have a little fun amidst all the negative crap that's been going on.

One needs something to look forward to, even during hard times, right?

10 comments:

A 30-something femme createrix said...

mmmmmmmm! Looks delicious! Lemon is my favorite type of cake :) Congrats on finishing the first class!

Cindy said...

Beautiful cake, girl! And, yes, one needs an enjoyable diversion and since going to the French Riviera is probably out right now, Class II is a good idea!

Carrie Penny said...

Go for the class! If you start getting depressed like you won't be enjoying anything and will make it harder for those around you too... Consider it a public service ;-)

Saren Johnson said...

Yummy cake! Glad you took the second course; it will give me something to drool over at work.

Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

WOW......Yummy looking and absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

Congratulations!!!!!

Rhonda said...

Your cake looks great! Congrats!

Wendy said...

I say go for it girl! You need a little pick me up positive energy around there.

knitalittle said...

Yummmmm I'll have a slice. What a great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This cake looks so good! I love lemon curd and lemon cakes. Good for you for signing up for the second class. It's well worth the enjoyment you've been getting out of this. You are on a real blog posting jag because of it and we all get to benefit. Maybe you should put one of those paypal "donate to my addiction" buttons on the side of your blog, like Julie Powell did in Julie and Julia! :)

Kilgore Trout said...

Wow, that is one nice looking cake. If Michelle and I are ever going to renew our vows, you are in charge of making the cake. And of course knitting my 3 piece tuxedo. Look forward to following this blog. Cheers from the east coast.

JC