So we drove up to check it out and we came back with the sewing machine that I've wanted and drooled over after doing extensive online research to the point that I was driving myself crazy. So for Bear's sanity and mine, I justified this purchase. The guy at the dealer didn't try to upsell anything, so we walked out only with the stuff I needed.
On our way back home, we were stopped at the light when Bear notices a help wanted sign. "Burrasita wanted"... remember this post? Maybe I'm not fluent in Spanish, but is burrasita a word, or is this perhaps a really messed up attempt to spell barista? Hell, maybe they're looking for a few good female donkeys to whip up your latte, who knows? Bear wanted to call the number and find out where this espresso stand was, because he wanted to tell them if they sure as hell can't spell barista, they sure as hell can't make a good coffee if their life depended on it. I've seen "braista wanted" signs before and I could somewhat justify that spelling, considering there are a few espresso places that are controversial because the baristas wear nothing but a bikini (some places with just pasties to cover "the girls") but a burrasita? I'm hoping someone will come through to let me know that there is such a thing as a burrasita and that they really are wanted for hire around town...
8 comments:
You'll have so much fun with that machine!!!
You have one darn good Bear! I mean, even I don't pay attention when other people talk about sewing machines, and I sew! I'm excited to see all your sewn projects...
Very nice. My mom sews but I never really caught on. I inheritated my aunt's machine when she passed but I think it is in need of a major tune up. the thought has crossed my mind to buy a new machine, but seeing how I don't use the one I havae now, I can't justify it.
Ooooh, you're going to have so much fun with that!!! Nothing beats a new sewing machine, and Janome is a very good brand.
I've been thinking about getting a machine for simple things like steeking and mending. You're is pretty fancy and shiny!
Nice machine! Your guy rocks!
Does this mean you will be too busy sewing to be knitting?!? :(
You will never be sorry. Even if you find that you don't want to sew all that much, you will love having a machine that will allow you to make your own draperies and sew a few things along the way.
YAY!!!!!!!!! That is not a rookie mistake, it is an opportunity to keep on sewing! You will soon be making all sorts of incredibly wonderful things!!!!!!
I'll be watching........... :)
Post a Comment