September 28, 2008

So how the knitting progress going?

I figured I haven't posted any knitting photos lately, so for the skeptics out there, here's proof that I am knitting :)

I have a co-worker's baby shower coming up in October and I was excited to try something new as I had not knit any baby items since learning how to knit. I found some of that Lion Velvetspun yarn on clearance recently and thought it would be nice to knit something soft with it. The pattern on the ballband was for a baby hat so I thought I'd give that a go. I cheated on this photo, as the back of the hat isn't seamed nor the ends woven in, but you can see it's mostly done. I will be knitting another one, but in blue. It took me two evenings to finish up, so it was a very quick knit!
I'm also knitting this pattern for some baby booties in a chocolate brown as it is the mom-to-be's favorite colour. Baby booties are quite fun to knit! I don't anticipate these taking long to finish either. I love how quick baby items knit up! And these are the Embossed Leaves socks that I CO before my trip to Florida. Yes, this is still the first sock, so not a lot of progress, but it's a fun knit. These will probably be put on the back burner for awhile, as I really need to get my holiday knitting started.

And another photo with a little more light to see how the pattern is coming along.

So there you have it - some knitting photos and proof that I have more than one project on the needles, can you believe it? Me, the former one-project-at-a-time gal... I'm a total convert :)

6 comments:

Wendy said...

It's good to have more than one project going at a time. That way you have options depending on what kind of knitting mood you're in.

yoel said...

Baby projects are the best--so fast, so cute, and you don't really have to worry about fit!

Carrie Penny said...

I adore baby clothes. There is a pattern out on Ravelry (other places to I am sure) called the 5 hour baby sweater. It is quick, simple and just too cute when finished! If you want a little sweater too I recomend it highly!

I think I now want a velvetsupn hat for me though. Just the thought of it with a matching scarf... MMMMM

Rhonda said...

Cute, cute, cute baby had and booties! Who knew knitting baby items could be so satisfying?

Saren Johnson said...

Baby items don't really count toward the multiple items. They're done before you even blink.

knitalittle said...

Love the baby items. The booties are very nice. Maybe I'll try them that is after I see how yours turns out. :) Nice work