September 7, 2008

Back to School

It's back to school for the kids again. I see them waiting in line for their school bus in the morning and it takes me back to when I was their age, remembering how excited I was for my first day of class with my new school supplies and wondering what kind of school year it would turn out to be. I still can't believe it's September already, can you?

These thoughts of going back to school lately triggered something in me and I decided it was time to learn something new for myself because I wanted to, not because I have to. So, I enrolled in some craft courses and will be taking them during this month. First, I signed up for the Wilton cake decorating class at my local craft store, which begins tomorrow. I also signed up for a sewing basics class at the fabric store, which is next weekend.



I'm so excited and look forward to going to these classes. Hope to have some posts about these in the coming weeks.
How about you? Any of you out there taking a class of any kind this fall?

4 comments:

yoel said...

You are too cute, with all your "school" supplies all laid out neatly! September is the *real* new year in my opinion, when we all vow to be super-cool and write neatly in our new notebooks.

Cindy said...

I loved cake decorating, but haven't had any time to do it for quite a bit. You'll have a blast. Sewing? It is a wonderful thing to know. Even if you don't sew anything from scratch, what you can do with existing items is amazing!

Wendy said...

I too was thinking of taking a sewing class this fall, but I'm not sure that the class times fit into my schedule. I'll have to look again and see if I can fit it in.

hapagirl said...

Looks like fun! I always wanted to learn how to make frosting roses, since I always go for those first.

Did you have your sewing class yet? I think I took sewing just so I could make bags to hold my knitting!