I had to get up early this morning, as I had to go pick up my pasture finished meat order at my local neighborhood buying club. Bear is usually sleeping in on Saturdays, so I was quite surprised to find him already up and in the shower when I returned. He decided to surprise me with a trip up to the mountains to go berry picking.
So what kind of berries did we go pick, you ask?
Cascade Blueberries
The berry harvest wasn't a large one this year because NW weather has been pretty funky, but we managed to come back with roughly 3 lbs of berries.
(I know the interior photo is dark, but trust me, you'd appreciate that it was. Just try to remember the Double R as it was on TV, as that was homey-er feeling IMO)
As you can see, it's not quite the Double R Diner, but called Twede's Cafe. The interior of the cafe had been renovated if you will with Tweety decor (and frankly, I could do without it). We had a late lunch there, but being the coffee lover that I am, had to check and see if their coffee really was "a damn fine cup of joe"...
It wasn't bad, but wasn't all that great either. Just typical diner coffee on the mediocre side. But they did have "Twin Peaks cherry pie" on the menu and although I'm not a big cherry pie fan, I had to take a slice home to enjoy later. I gotta say, that pie was pretty damn good!!!
Before we headed home, we made a quick pit stop at Bear's uncle's house. While there, I notice that he's got blackberries growing in the backyard. Well I figured what the hell and picked another pound or so of blackberries too! Talk about a berry filled day.
Now to go buy some jars to make some delicious homemade jam! :)
4 comments:
What a wonderful way to spend a Saturday. And, of course, the diner wouldn't be as cool. Kyle MacLachlan wasn't there;-)
Um WOW, can I come spend next Saturday with you please!? :)
XOXO
That sounds like a fun day...I love sugar crystals on pie crust more than anything! Odd, the filling looks so dark compared to what you see here with the bright red Door County cherries.
Bear is a superhero to plan that kind of surprise!
I am so, so jealous. If Agent Cooper / Trey Mcdougal had been there, I would have exploded in jealousy.
Sometimes, my arms bend backwards.
Post a Comment