It gave me a little more time to finish the cupcakes for class and to whip up some more buttercream frosting too. I wasn't feeling the cake love this evening because of my mood and it showed in my decorating. We didn't have to do the scary clown cake as called for in the book (thank goodness because I didn't really want to do them), so I decided to decorate some cupcakes with swirl flowers instead.
So what have we learned after this class? Practice makes perfect. The final cake we have to make for our last class will have a few roses on it, so I plan to practice some more during this week and hope to have some roses to gloat over for class next week.
6 comments:
Wow... You've inspired my work today! I have to do something here at work and I'm getting bored and sad, cause I've been trying to do it for a week now, and I don't come up with anything good. But let me practice some more!! :)
Your flowers are turning up lovely*
kiss*
Nice practice on the roses!
I'm right there with you about work.
Your roses look great to me!
I just love pink frosting roses...I think it's a thing from childhood, always wanting the piece of cake with the most roses on it.
You are doing so well! The cupcakes look good. How can you not eat everything? :)
That is a gorgeous rose! Your cupcakes turned out elegant. I hate with a passion overdecorated cakes!
I love your little roses!!! I know how much it takes to get it 'perfect'!
What is it about sugary flowers... we love to eat them!
Post a Comment