It was a long flight back home, but we're finally back! Bear and I had a fun, relaxing time in Tampa. For awhile there, we thought Tropical Storm Fay would be ruining our fun and that we'd end up spending our vacation in a shelter, but she decided not to mess with us this time around - phew!
Here are a few photos to fill you in on some things we did while here:
We spent most of our time right here in the backyard: swimming and floating around in the pool.
I also had the pleasure of meeting Coco and Bear, the coolest chocolate lab siblings I've ever met (so much so that I reaaaallly want a dog now!!!). Bear's parents help out as foster parents with a local lab rescue and this sister/brother combo joined the family about a year ago.
Since we can't have any pets (with the exception of fish) where we live right now, it was great to spend so much time with all the furry critters.
This big moth was too colourful and interesting not to take a photo of. Just don't let this guy get anywhere near my yarn!!! :)
We also went to Busch Gardens with Bear's brother and SIL and had a blast. We rode some rollercoasters and to really make me feel my age, got whiplash from riding one of them - not cool.
I was amazed at how big this grasshopper was. He was HUGE!

Pictures from Fort DeSoto park - they have a doggie beach area and I loved watching all of them having a great time. Bear's brother's dog Katy got to enjoy her first time at the beach.
Pictures from Fort DeSoto park - they have a doggie beach area and I loved watching all of them having a great time. Bear's brother's dog Katy got to enjoy her first time at the beach.
Katy and her new friends at the beach.
I saved the best for last. I felt like a peeping tom not leaving this couple to do their business at Busch Gardens, but it was hard not to look when the big guy was making all these grunting noises - let's just leave it at that :)
5 comments:
Thanks for taking us along;-)
Looks like a wonderful vacation!
Glad you had a great time and made it home safe!
I am so glad all went well and that it was a safe trip. How lucky that you had a private pool to bob around in. We don't have any pets here now, and we'd sure like a dog.
OK, that last picture...jeez!
I love manatees and when we lived in Florida (briefly)there was a huge issue with protecting them from speeding power boats...the propellers would cut them up terribly.
Wow, it was a busy time for you.
Post a Comment