Make some lemon loaf cake!!! I bought a bag of lemons the other day because they looked so yummy and cheerfully yellow, but didn't have any specific recipe in mind when I bought them. I've been on the lookout for the ultimate lemon cake recipe and I have a few I use and like, but they're what I call frou frouey as in a fancy layer cake type recipe when a special occasion calls for such. I wanted a recipe that was more "homey" and when I came across this recipe that called for baking the cake batter in loaf pans, I knew this was it.
For those of you who are Food Network junkies like I am, it's Barefoot Contessa's (Ida Garden)recipe. Just do a search on their website and find the recipe that comes up as "Lemon Cakes" by Ida Garden (it's followed by a viewer/tester rating of 5 stars). The recipe yields two loaves of this moist, lemony cake, with one loaf you can freeze and save for another day. The key part of this recipe is the lemon syrup that you pour onto the cake to absorb, which makes the loaves moist and gives them that sweet, lemony tang that I love. If you're into lemony goodness like I am (especially in the summertime), try this one - you won't be disappointed.
4 comments:
I am a chocoholic by nature, but I do love me lemon cake. Especially lemon pound cakes. Oh, and those lemon bars are good, too. I better stop now. I'm drooling.
OK, first you snagged me with pictures of your cinnamon rolls, then you reeled me in with the madeleines and now I'm forever a fan because of the lemon cake and the awesome tablecloth! Oh, and let us not forget the fact you chose yarn colors that look like that layered candy for your first pair of socks!!!
I have never made a cake that wasn't great when you poured moisture into the cake after it bakes. Have you ever had jello cakes before? There is one lemon cake you bake a yellow cake mix, pour a box of jello into it let it set up in the cake and top with lemon pudding mixed into whipped topping... also very moist and very lemony... But I think I will have to try yours now...
this looks great! i looked up the recipe and can't wait to try it.
Post a Comment