Bear and I have been rather stressed at work as of late, so we needed this weekend away from work. The weather wasn’t all that great (as you can see the raindrops and grey sky as we drove across the Narrows bridge), but it didn’t deter us from having fun (although I did whine about it at first). Our little cottage by the sea was perfect for launching our sea kayak.
We had harbor seals playing peekaboo around us and saw some herons other shore birds pecking at the sand on the shore. We were lucky to have some calm, serene waters and it was just so relaxing to bob around in the water in the morning with a slight fog that made the experience eerily peaceful and wonderful.

The lavender fields were aplenty and the music at the festival was great (we purchased 2 cds from musicians who played at some of the lavender farms during the festival), the fog in the valley there made for some pretty photos and took me away from the hustle and bustle of daily life. We enjoyed some lavender infused gin and tonics, lavender chocolate (OMG, it was so good), lavender soda and I stocked up on some lavender coffee, lotions, spritzers and candles, etc. It was really relaxing. We loved it out there so much that we extended our stay one more day and ended up spending 4 wonderful days out on the peninsula. Bear and I'd love to move out there someday, seriously.
We came back across the new Narrows bridge (and paid the newly added toll across it, of course).
All in all, a wonderful weekend and it sucked that we had to get back home.
I actually have more photos and things I'd like to share with all of you from this trip, but I'll leave that for another post.
7 comments:
What gorgeous pix. I'm so glad you had a good time. I'm amazed at all the lavender.
Your pictures are just incredible and I'm glad you had fun. I love the one of the fog and the last one of the lavender. The kayaking sounds great and it what really made me envious though!
I hope you post more pictures soon...no pressure! :)
Oh, I can smell the lavender right now! The fog and humidity become infused with it. Great pictures of the peninsula! I so want to be there, on the sea, in the kayak, at the cottage...
Thanks for sharing.
what spectacular pics! I'm originally from Tx and the close up of lavender reminded me of blue bonnets. Glad you had a nice weekend.
Your pictures are wonderful! They make me remember what I miss about the Pacific Northwest(now I want to go up to Edmonds to visit my mom.)
Glad you had a great time!
The pictures are beautiful! Can you believe I have lived in the great NW all my life and never been to the lavender festival. With pictures like that, I am even more enticed to go!!!
It looks like you had a beautiful weekend. If I ever get the chance to vacation out there, I'll ask you where that cottage is - it looks so relaxing!
Post a Comment