July 20, 2007

3 more days

Until I go absolutely bonkers at the Sequim Lavender Festival. I am SO EXCITED!!! Bear set up a "trust fund" in an old cookie jar for us to drop in coins and extra bills so that we have some extra spending money during the festival so that I can go hog wild with my lavender purchases w00h00!





We went there last year for the first time as a day trip, but as I love the area and the fact that it's a LAVENDER festival folks, you know I'm gonna want to stretch this out as much as I can. Bear and I decided to rent a little cottage near the bay and also rent a kayak while we're out there so that we can get some sea kayaking while we're' out that way. On top of that, I'm looking forward to checking out all the lavender farms and their products and get stocked up with lavender everything. I hear they're even going to have lavender margaritas. Sounds like fun, folks.





You know I'll be posting a bunch of photos after this trip (weather permitting, but I think we should be ok) because I really have to show all of you how beautiful it is standing in the middle of a lavender field, taking in that wonderful smell that just really relaxes you and takes you to another place - I just really love it and am totally obsessed!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time...Surprisingly, I'm more a fan of the lavender from Turkey than France. I am not as wild about the scent as you are, but do like the therapuetic properties and love lavender lemonade. We made it for an open house once and the crowd went wild!

Deb said...

Hi there!
Just wanted to inform you that the SP swaps are the absolute worst!
DON'T GET INVOLVED. If your pal decides not to send you anything, you can't do a thing about, and this has been happening more and more. The hostesses say they will give you an angel, but that won't happen either. Believe me, you're better off staying out of the SP swaps. There are much better and honest ones out there.

My Alterknit Identity said...

the fest looks awesome! Have a good time...
How did you like the Potter book?