Speaking of weekend, this is an overdue post, as I picked up my package at the post office this past weekend from my No Sheep Secret Swap pal and haven't had a chance to post about it.
Reason being is that we've been having some hot weather up here in the NW and I've been miserable as it's too dang hot to do anything, including blogging. I guess we get spoiled up here - low 70's here and we're content kittens. It gets up to the 90's like it did this week and we're just way out of our comfort zone. But I have to keep reminding myself that it could be 100% humidity on top of that too, so I shouldn't really gripe about anything :)
But back to my intended post..... so I got my first package from my secret No Sheep Swap pal and got some Nepalese silk yarn, some cotton yarn and a pattern using the two types of non-wooly yarn for a bag. I like the name of the bag - Stained Glass bag. I've never knit with silk, so I look forward to knitting this pattern. The colours are very beautiful in the silk yarn, aren't they?
Thank you so much, secret no sheep swap pal! Look forward to the final package this month to find out who you are.... :)
Other random stuff I've been meaning to post about... any Simpsons fans here? I don't know if you guys have checked out your local 7-11, but some of them in select cities have converted to a Kwik-E-Mart for this month to promote the upcoming Simpsons movie, but they're selling food items from the show such as squishees, krusty o's, and Radioactive man comic books, but sadly no Duff beer because the movie's pg-13. oh well. Bear's a big Simpsons fan, so he was all over this promotion. He came back to the office the other day with all these:
They even had the pink doughnuts with the sprinkles on them! btw, the Krusty o's taste just like Fruit Loops.
In other uneventful news, I added a Wallace and Gromit flick on my Netflix queue recently, as I was in the mood to watch something cute and funny. I felt like a total knob for not knowing that Gromit was a knitter! Who knew that I'd squeal like a little girl when I saw this on my tv screen:
That's just the cutest thing ever! I know, i'm probably the last person in the world who didn't know Gromit was a knitter (I'm probably the only person in the world who has yet to knit a pair of Jaywalker and Monkey socks too, but I will get to them, just as soon as I finish my 1st pair of socks!), but I just thought it was totally cool to see a dog knitting in claymation :) Even Bear got a kick out of it, although he accused me of adding this to our queue simply because it included the act of knitting. C'mon..... would I do that? Heheh, no but seriously, I didn't know and it was pure coincidence that it had knitting involved whatsoever. But it was a nice surprise.
Well since I was so unproductive this entire week and now that the weather is finally down to a reasonable temperature, I can get some stuff done. I've got some goodies to purchase to finish up some swaps that I'm involved in, then I think I'll do some baking this weekend too. Perhaps a trip to the local farmers market tomorrow morning will inspire me with something yummy from the kitchen. We'll see. Have a good one!
1 comment:
That yarn is beautiful and the swap name is clever! We're a Simpson's household over here and my husband thinks the Duff beer omission is borderline unforgivable!
Post a Comment