July 16, 2007

I've been tagged

Laura* from My Little Orange Kitchen tagged me for the 8 random facts meme.
*edited to correct the name, as I had a typo - sorry Laura!

I had avoided it the first time I was tagged for this meme awhile back because I had just recently posted a “33 facts about me” list on my blog, but I guess I’ll bite this time :)

So I guess here are my 8. Don't fall asleep reading 'em...

1. I love the smell of Comet (or any abrasive cleaner). I don’t snort it like cocaine or anything, but pretty dang close (ok, I’m just kidding). It’s probably not healthy, but hey, there are people that love the smell of gasoline (which I can’t stand) and go to gas stations to fill up their car, hoping to catch a whiff, so I know I’m not the only one who has an addiction to certain smells, so there.


2. When I was still living in Japan and in the 7-8th grade, I was an extra in a sci-fi horror flick called “The Drifting Classroom” (“Hyoryuu Kyoshitsu” in Japanese). The only thing I really remember about the movie was that I got to meet Troy Donahue, who played one of the main characters in the movie. He was a greying but distinguished looking older gentleman when I met him, but you can tell he was quite the looker when he was in his teen dreamy days. After it was released, I went to watch it, but it was a really weird movie and didn’t make much sense to me at the time. I’ll have to try to find it and watch it again and see if it makes any sense to me now. I was paid off for my superior acting skills (heh) for the equivalent of $50 and a free lunch from KFC.


3. My favorite holiday is Halloween. I love giving out candy, love dressing up in costume, love carving pumpkins, all of it. Perhaps it’s because fall is my favorite time of year. The holiday is just not the same anymore as it was when I was growing up, as many people take their kids out trick-or-treating at malls because it’s “safer”. It sucks that a few rotten, perverted people in this world spoiled that part of Halloween for all the rest of us. Despite not getting a whole lot of trick-or-treaters in my neighborhood when the time comes around, I still decorate the home with skulls (which Bear and I semi-sorta collect, so it’s kinda Halloween all the time at the house, hehe), spiders (it’s the only time I can really tolerate them, as long as they’re fake) and black cats.


4. I talk to other drivers/cars on the road when I’m driving alone in my car. I shout out expletives and can be quite the road rager, but only in my enclosed vehicle so that no one else hears me. I even talk to the traffic light sometimes, pleading with it to not change while I make that left hand turn. I also like to sing in the car.


5. During my college years, I racked up a phone bill in excess of $1000 (!!!). Our long distance plan had expired during the month that I had made excessive international calls, but little, naïve me didn’t think the rate would be TOO much of a difference – obviously, I was dead wrong. I had to spend part of my graduation gift $ from my parents and had to establish a monthly pay back plan to my roommate (thank goodness she was understanding) to pay that damn thing off. NEVER AGAIN. Perhaps that explains my OCD-ness when it comes to staying below my allotted minutes on my cell phone plan.


6. I don’t like avocados, nor do I care for guacamole.


7. This might be kinda OCD too, but when I make sandwiches, there has to be an order to how you stack things. For meat/cheese sammiches, the meat has to be on the bottom, any veggies on top of that, then the cheese on top. If it’s PB&J, I have to put the peanut butter on first, then spread the jam/jelly on the peanut butter side. I don’t put PB on one slice, jam on the other, then “squish” it together – that’s not right. For me, there’s always the one slice of bread as the “topper” so with the exception of a condiment schmear, nothing else goes on that “topper” bread.


8. I'm usually very punctual and end up at my intended destination way earlier than necessary. Otherwise, I get stressed out and upset about having to deal with unexpected delays and never feeling caught up for the rest of the day. The only exception to that is if the family is getting together - for some reason, I'm always the one the family is waiting for and they give me a bunch of crap for it. I can get to my dentist appointment 30 minutes early, but change that to celebrating my sister's birthday at her house and I make everyone wait for me. I guess I'm able to get away with it because I know that my sister isn't going to charge me $50 for a "late cancellation fee" as my dentist's office would. I'm trying to get my family to figure out that if they want me on time somewhere, they need to give me the time that is actually 30 minutes ahead of the actual time to meet, but they're not getting the picture. Why am I trying to get them to change when I'm the one that's late??? I'm so friggin ass-backwards...


So there you have it. I won’t tag anyone else specifically because I think this meme’s gone around and back again, so if you haven’t been tagged, then you’re it!

No comments: