May 2, 2007

I won sock yarn (again)!!!

Holy crap, I need to go buy a Lotto ticket or something because I just won me some more sock yarn! I just won another contest a few weeks back - how cool is that? This time, I won some sock yarn over at Mistress of the Stash's blog. I'm definitely gonna have to hike it up into gear and get my first sock done, so that I can start on the new yarn that's trickling in (both purchased and won). I'm actually almost ready to turn the heel on the trekking sock (gulp!), so perhaps by the end of this weekend, I'll have a photo of my first completed sock :)

I was feeling discouraged about how slow it was taking for me to knit up my first sock, but I just read on someone's blog that it took them 7 mos. to knit the first sock, then 2 more wks to finish the whole pair, so I know I'm not the only one trudging along with my knitting :)

No comments: