This weekend is the LYS tour in the greater Puget Sound. There are 20 shops participating in this tour from as far north as Bellingham and down south to Kent. I went to the 2 I frequent near my house yesterday, as you also get a free pattern if you show them your passport. For those that are really adventurous (and have some buckage to pay for the price of gas), if you visit all 20 shops, you are entered into a drawing for a chance to win a $400 gift certificate to any of the participating LYS. Man, wouldn't it be fun to spend 400 bucks on yarn and accessories???
Well, I'm not going to be one to visit all 20, but I do plan on going to a few of the shops, so we'll see if I behave. I've been going a little crazy w/ the yarn purchases and my sock is still progressing very very slowly. I just finished the heel flap, so I'll be working on the whole turning the heel thing this weekend. I thought about taking a sock class, as I seem to do well in a class environment (at least for knitting anyway hehehe). I think it has mostly to do w/ being around other knitters. I have a friend who knits, but she's not obsessive about it as I seem to be, so she can't really get excited when I tell her about my recent purchases or my recent discovery of some new book or whatnot. My mom also knits, so she's someone else I can talk to about knitting, but I think I need to find a knitting circle/group to go to so that I can get my knitting fix on aside from reading knitblogs. The LYS near my house have a knitting group once a week, but I guess there's a part of me that's a bit intimidated to go too. I guess there's only one way to find out if the group would be too clique-ish for me or if I'd fit in. I guess I'm just gonna have to suck it up and get a feel for it, eh?
I also plan on doing a little shopping for my tea swap pal Cyndi. I love swaps because I get to go shopping and get a bunch of cute things for my pal :) We'll see what I come back with today.
Other than my shopping and trying to continue on with my sock, I think i'll take it easy this weekend. It's always nice to set a weekend to just kick back w/ a cup of coffee or tea and just not do anything (although the pile of dishes in my sink are telling me another thing...).
Have a nice weekend everyone, and hope to have some photos to share w/ you later on.
2 comments:
Sounds like so much fun. We do not have anywhere near 20 shops in the St. Louis area. I think we max out at about 8 or so. I have been shopping for you, too, and it's a blast. I cannot recommend a knitting group highly enough. Don't be intimidated. It's fun. If you don't gel with one, there are others. It makes a huge difference in your confidence levels. Have a wonderful relaxing weekend.
Wow, all the shops in your area sound great. There are not that many in the Sacramento, CA area, sadly.
I was a bit overwhelmed with the idea of going to a knitting group for the same reason, but I gave it a shot and it turned out for me to be a fantastic group. I looked up "knitting meetup groups"...meetup is a service for ALL kinds of groups of people...search in their system for knitting in your zip code and try them. Worse case: you try another group OR start your own and get others in your neighborhood to knit :) Good luck.
Post a Comment