May 7, 2007

More swaps, more yarn and sock update

Haven't posted in a few days, so guess I'll fill you in on what's been going on.

I've signed up for two more swaps (man, these are so addictive!) I've signed up for the International Tote Exchange (sign ups are open until the 15th of May so you still have time left!) and I also signed up for the Knitter's Tea Swap. My favorite beverage is coffee, but I also enjoy a spot of tea here and there, so this swap should be a lot of fun too. I also (I know, I know) signed up for the No Sheep One Skein Secret Pal swap, which should be interesting, as you send one skein of non-wool yarn in June and July. As I'm still a rather new knitter, I've so far knitted with wool/acrylic blends, 100% wool and cotton yarn, so to be able to try out some yarn other than wool should be interesting! I hope to meet more knitters through all these great swaps.


Here's a photo I took last Friday of my sock in progress (sorry for the photo looking so crammed - I had to take the photo in the car while I was knitting & waiting for Bear, so I was kinda limited w/ space and had to take a quick photo while the sun was out).


It's not the greatest shot, but it works. I'm at the point where I'm just about ready to turn the heel, and I'm kinda resting up before I start that as it looks rather intimidating. .



One of my LYS had their 1st anniversary sale this weekend and I ended up going a little crazy on the stash enhancement. In addition to my purchases there (I'll post those tomorrow sunlight permitting for better photos), I also got my sock yarn from Spritely Goods (her colourways are so beautiful - if you haven't checked out her shop, do it!). So here are the two skeins of sock yarn I got:


This is one of her limited edition colourways in Gloaming. I loved the lilac, green and blue all mixed into one skein of yarn. I look forward to knitting with this!











This is the 2nd skein I purchased called "Peppercorn Blend". I thought it was a beautiful interpretation of the colors you would find in a blend of peppercorns in a pepper grinder, don't you think?

I went from having enough yarn to fit into a 15" x 11" ish container to Bear having to purchase me a new 3 drawer plastic container box to store all my knitting stuff in within a week or two - how crazy is that??? This is getting to be scaaaaary addictive heheheh and I'm lovin it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sock looks great! I joined Knitters Tea Swap and the No Sheep swap as well. Swapping is a lot of fun! Speaking of which...I should have your package complete here soon. =D

emicat said...

Yes, swapping sure is a lot of fun! I'm just about done w/ my package to you too - I'm excited to get it sent off to ya!