May 31, 2007

Warm weather fun and sock update








Been a bit busy this week, despite having a 3 day weekend (the negative thing about 3 day weekends is that you end up having to cram 5 days of work into 4, but that's another story). During Memorial Day weekend, Bear and I went to the NW Folklife Festival held in Seattle every year. It's really fun to people watch there while listening to all kinds of music. It was extremely crowded this year due to great weather.









I'm still trudging along on my sock. I'm getting rather good at tinking now :) I had to tink back a few rows in the gusset when I realized I had dropped a stitch and with the decreases going on, I wanted to make sure I got it right, so tink away I did. So, I'm past the picking up and knitting stitches for the gusset and am getting close to the home stretch. We've been having great weather here in the Pacific NW and Bear and I took advantage of it hanging out at the local park today after work to unwind. Bear practiced taking photos with his new camera and I continued on with my sock. So here's what it looks like so far:














I feel like perhaps I knitted the height of the sock too high and hope I have enough yarn to do both socks. Btw, if any of you sock knitters out there have tips how to avoid ladders for my other sock half, please let me know. I know this is only my first sock, but even when I tighten the first two stitches on each needle, I still seem to get some laddering going on. Will it eventually go away after knitting for awhile? Hope so.













In between knitting, I also took photos at the park. On our way out of the park, I saw some cute pink flowers on the roadside (I'm not sure what they are - anyone know?) and had to take a photo, as it would be my last contribution for the Project Spectrum colors of green, pink and yellow.

Next month should be interesting with red, black and metallics being the chosen focus colors. I don't quite picture them as warm and summery, so this might be a challenge for me to find things out in nature (or anywhere for that matter) to photograph with those colors. Guess we'll see :)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blog....

I tried to email you from the virtual vacation swap email address virtualvacationswap@yahoo.com but it keeps bouncing back to me as being blocked. You are in the swap