May 20, 2007

weekend recap (photo heavy)

Well I only managed to go to 3 LYS on the tour, as weather got a little crappy and I didn't feel like driving around in the rain (I also had to behave and thought I might give in and come back with so much yarn that Bear would kick me out of the house hehe). I was good and bought only two things for myself. One ball of yarn I bought I just couldn't pass up.


It is from Skacel and is called "meditation" - have you heard of this yarn? It's a flat yarn made of 60% cotton and 40% polyamide and had a cute blue/purple colorway that SMELLS OF LAVENDER (the yarn photo is taken next to my own little lavender plant). And you know me, can't pass up lavender anything. They also had the yarn in a sandalwood scented variation, but I had to go w/ the lavender. I was so excited to come across a lavender scented yarn that I casted on using the free pattern for a one skein project that was offered at all the LYS (each made their own pattern available for this tour). It's a pattern for an eye pillow. I'm about 3/4 of the way through, so hope to have some photos of a completed one very soon. I gotta tell ya, it was great to have aromatherapy while knitting. You get a whiff of lavender while you're knitting and I thought it was really relaxing :)

So aside from buying this yarn, I also bought some sock yarn for myself and some-yarn-that-cannot-be-named for my tea swap pal. Speaking of swaps, if you're like me and unable to plan a "real" vacation this year, you might wanna check out this upcoming swap. Signs ups don't begin until June 1st, but might be something interesting. Go check it out for more info! Sounds like another swap for me :)

Bear surprised me with a little excursion today - we went to a state park a short drive away and got some photos to add to my "green" collection for Project Spectrum. Here are some pretty outdoor photos. It made me excited for the summer for some weekend camping!






After we got home, I had a craving for something cinnamon-y, so thought I'd try a new recipe in a recent issue of Cooking Light. It was a recipe for some low fat whole wheat cinnamon rolls, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I wasn't sure how it'd turn out, but it was delicious!




It looked like cinnamon rolls, smelled like cinnamon rolls and tasted like cinnamon rolls. It wasn't overly sweet and super ooey gooey, but just the right amount of sweetness to satisfy your craving. Two thumbs up!


Well I really enjoyed my weekend and hope all of you had a good one too. Hope the workweek goes by quick, as we've got a 3 day weekend coming up - w00h00!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this is a late comment, but I had not yet discovered your blog when posted...These rolls are occupying most of my fantasies! I had to come over this morning to find the picture I discovered last week! So good!