May 14, 2007

Mother's day weekend & Knitter's Coffee Swap package

Been a few days since my last post.



With Mother's Day being this weekend, Bear and I took my mom to Whidbey Island for the Penn Cove Water Festival in Coupeville, WA. We thought it would be fun to go out and do something fun in appreciation for my lurvely mum. They had canoe races, native american storytellers, music, fry bread, salmon and it was a whole lotta fun! Mom enjoyed herself, so that's what mattered the most.




They also had a Farmer's market in town, and although I missed the Mother's Day sale at a yarn shop in Seattle, I didn't miss out on some fibery goodness nevertheless:

I love these colours!








I'm going to have to try making a felted bowl someday. Looks like a fun project!







I couldn't pass up the cute critters hanging around at the farmer's market. Aren't they adorable? Thanks again Bear for your beautiful photos!



Onto other news, I was also surprised to find a package waiting for me on my doorstep. It was from my Knitter's Coffee Swap pal Annie! I opened the box and found some yellow tissue wrap hiding the goodies underneath:



the suspense was killing me and I tore open the tissue wrap to find the following:


I was overwhelmed by what was contained in my pal's package. I had Asian goodies galore, including some Taiwanese sun cakes, Pocky (I grew up on Pocky as a kid in Japan - gotta love your Pocky!), some coffee and chocolate biscuits (oh man, these things rock!), some coffee candy and some coffee flavoured chocolates shaped like little coffee beans. She got me some French Roast from the cafe she frequents and I also got a container to put the coffee in - how swell is that??? In addition to all the coffee goodness, we can't forget about the "knitting" portion of this swap :) I got a few knitting accessories (stitch holders, tapestry needles and a stitch gauge) and of course, some YARN! I got me some Debbie Bliss alpaca silk dk in a beautiful dark blue colour and it is so SOFT! Hmmm, I gotta think about what to make with this....

All I got to say is THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH ANNIE! You've been a great swap pal! :) I hope you'll like the stuff I got you as much as I enjoyed all of yours! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you liked your package!

haha...how ironic that I sent you all those asian goodies, and you grew up in Japan! =D My favorite junk food consists of Pocky and ramune. I could live off of that stuff.

Your pal in coffee!
-Annie