October 26, 2008

Halloween Apron Done!

I finished the ruffles on the bottom of my first ever Halloween apron today and can finally show it off.
As soon as I fell upon this fabric browsing through Etsy, I knew I had to make an apron with it. The fabric is called "Spooky" by Michael Miller and the apron pattern I used is a McCall's pattern. The pattern evokes a little retro-nostalgia, which is why I chose this pattern.

I messed up a bit on the pocket, but I'm pretty happy with the end result, considering this is my very first sewing project that started out from a pattern. I'm also happy that I was able to finish it before Halloween, so I can look all domesticated :P
Now if only my house looked as domesticated as my apron :)

ETA a close up of the fabric, because it really is that friggin cute.

6 comments:

yoel said...

OMG the little cats are too cute. Congrats on your first wearable sewing project! You did a great job!

Anonymous said...

So cute and I love how the bottom looks like a skirt peeking out...the cats are adorable!

Cindy said...

I am so proud of you! What a terrific job. And, it is absolutely adorable! You will have this forever and it will be a reminder of another skill you tackled and won.

Carrie Penny said...

It looks AMAZING. And how cute is that fabric!

Saren Johnson said...

That is sooo cute. You didn't "mess up" it's a design element.

Rhonda said...

Look at you go girl! Adorable!