October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween everyone!
Our office had a little costume contest and potluck today for Halloween. Prizes for scariest and funniest were going to get some cash. I ended up winning $25 for Scariest Costume. Here's me and Bear in our getup.
I had fun applying the latex fake scar on my forehead and using spirit gum for the first time. It was funny to see everyone focused on my forehead gash all day LOL. Now Bear and I have some extra $ for coffee w00h00!

I like this blurry photo of me and my boss. My boss is supposed to be a cereal killer.. serial, cereal...get it? heh. I liked the "action" shot of me trying to hack him up.

These are the spiderweb cupcakes I made for the potluck. I had better luck using chocolate frosting then piping white frosting for the web effect in the past, but thought I'd try the opposite this time to see how it looked. The other way looks much cleaner, IMO.
Here are the pumpkins Bear and I carved last night. We don't know if we'll have any kids show up at our place with this being our first Halloween here, so we'll see. (Update: we had over a dozen kids this year w00h00!)
Hope everyone's had a Happy Halloween (and don't eat as many treats as I did, or you'll feel sick to your stomach - ugh!)

5 comments:

Cindy said...

COOL COSTUME!!! I love it. You and Bear look absolutely terrifying;--) And, your jack o'lanterns are very neat. BTW, I like your cupcakes. Your probably right about the opposite, but I really do like how they turned out.

yoel said...

The cupcakes still look very yummy! Your costume is awesome! :)

Unknown said...

That's an AWESOME costume! That would be me after a cake decorating class. =) Your cupcakes look superb! Beautiful pumpkins! WOW!

Carrie Penny said...

Looks like a great Halloween. We did minor decoration this year b/c for the last two we only had 1 (our first year) trick or treater... this year none, so we went out and sang some Karaoke and had fun with adults...

Anonymous said...

Wow! You guys look great!(well, you know what I mean)

Great news on your trick or treaters...you had 12 more than we had! :(