
We had our first sunny Fall weather this past weekend. It was too nice to be indoors on Saturday, so I dragged Bear out of the house to go to the local farmers market. We picked up some dinosaur kale (yes, I admit we bought it because of the name, heheh) and made some caldo verde soup... holy crap, if you love kale like we do, this is one damn good soup. Do a search online for the soup recipe - seriously, this one kicks some serious arse!


We also stopped by a local pumpkin patch that is mere minutes away from where we live to take some pictures of pumpkins and to bring a few back home with us.
It really was the perfect day for a visit to the pumpkin patch and something that's rare here in the NW - not having to walk in mucky, muddy fields, so it didn't have to get messy.

I also bought some local apple cider as all this fall weather and the leaves around the neighborhood turning colours made me crave some spiced cider. I'll be making some of that as well as my first attempt at making cider doughnuts.

Bought a nice little pie pumpkin too and made a puree and debating whether to make pumpkin bread or something else... I really love this time of year! It's all about baking and feeling the warmth and taking the time to start slowing things down, just like nature does this time of year.

So what do you like about Fall?
4 comments:
What wonderful pix! I love fall because there is a crispness to the air and the colors. Just beautiful!
MMMM pumpkin anything is AMAZING! I made some really good muffins a few weeks back when we had a chill snap (It never seems to be cold here).
Hey! I picked up some of that cider at the West Seattle Farmer's market a week ago. It is yummy! All your fall food prep sounds good too!
What a wonderful autumn weekend! I'd vote for roasting pumpkin, making a pie, then pancakes, then soup with whatever is left after that.
Post a Comment