October 21, 2008

Sugar, sugar... ohhh honey, honey

I'm back with some more sugar-inducing coma photos from my class last night.

This time we made some pansies, which were pretty fun (although I wish my purple was purpler).





Daffodils (the trumpet got a little smooshed on its way back home - boo.)

And the dreaded victorian rose. These were a little easier to do (although I still don't like making roses) because of the consistency of royal icing is easier to work with and because of that, the roses hold their shape better (although again, these also got a little smooshed during transit).
And these are primroses. Cute little pink ones.
And purple daisies, because my bag with the white icing didn't have the right tip, so I said what the hell and went with purple ones. I like how they turned out though. These were pretty fun to make.And here's the police line up of all of them.
Next week is our final class for this series where we compile all of the flowers we learned how to make on one cake, so I should have some cake photos to show next week. I might end up taking the next series after all, since I've been having so much fun in class. The gals taking the class with me are also great. I just found out last night that one gal in my class (who is this little, petite thing of a gal all girly in her pink apron) is a firearms instructor of all things! Funny how that works, eh? She had some funny stories about how some guys she had to teach weren't too happy about "a girl" having to teach them how to use a firearm until she showed 'em what she could do :)

Oh, I should have my sewing project completed very very soon, and look forward to sharing photos of that soon too.

4 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

I love the pansies! Your decorations are coming along.

Cindy said...

Your flowers are so pretty. I agree. You need to keep going. You never know when you might need to have this skill and you are obviously very very good!!!

yoel said...

Definitely take the next class...I love seeing all the pictures!

I can't decide which flowers look best. They are ALL TOO PRETTY :)

Carrie Penny said...

I love seeing them all lined up like that. It would take me an hour just to get a daisy that didn't look like a gloop of sugar paste much less rows and rows of all sorts of pretty flowers! Rock on!