October 7, 2008

Rookie Mistake

So I finished my very first project: a pillowcase. It's a little big (but my excuse is that the pillow is small).

But not bad for a rookie right? Well, not quite. I followed the tried and true "measure twice, cut once" method and thought I was the Queen of Newbie Sewers until I turned the pillowcase over after sewing the last edge to find this:


Yes, I sewed the other side with the fabric on the wrong side. LOL! Oh well, you have to have your first rookie mistake with sewing and this one was mine. I decided to keep the pillowcase as is because it was my first sewing project and a funny story to remember whenever I use it.

I started cutting out a pattern for an apron that is going to be my next project. Hopefully I'll have something to show for that soon.

6 comments:

knitalittle said...

That is why I love a new sharp seam ripper. For your first project I have to say Not Bad Not Bad at all. A nice start and I can't wait to see the apron.

Cindy said...

Oh, I love that. The deal is this. You never ever stop making those mistakes. I still do them because I get turned around. Congrats on your beautiful pillowcase.

Rhonda said...

Hey Rookie! That looks great!

yoel said...

Very nice for a first project!

Saren Johnson said...

Rookie move 10 drinks! (it's from a drinking game.)

The pillow case looks nice. How long before you have a dress?

Knittymama said...

Looks great!!

I still make that mistake more than I'd care to admit!!!