Today was supposed to be the last class for Course 2 cake decorating. Unfortunately, I was not able to attend. Why? Because we were locked out of our house. The keylock to our door has been a little wonky lately and today was the day it decided to do nothing but go around in circles instead of unlocking the door when inserting the key. To make matters worse, we didn't have our garage door opener either, so we had to look like two thieves in the dark drilling a hole through our lock so that we can get inside.
While Bear drilled away at the door making quite a ruckus, we hoped our neighbors recognized us so that the cops wouldn't get called, thinking there was criminal activity going on :) I suppose I should look on this positively and be thankful that although the keylock was broken, it did do its job of keeping the door locked, and that drilling through it isn't a quiet or easy task for thieves, right?
So anyway, once we got settled and Bear replaced the locks with new ones, I tried to read through my course booklet to finish up the cake I was supposed to do for class. There is supposed to be basketweave finish along the sides of my cake, but I was just too cranky this evening to learn this technique, so this is about as good as it can be for not attending class.

I didn't use as many flowers as called for in the instructions. This cake is a little busy for my preference in cake decorating, but I felt it was final-cake worthy, incorporating all of the things I learned in Course 2 (with the exception of the basketweave). I'll have to attempt that on another day when things go smoother :)
edited to change "thiefs" to "thieves".... doh.
4 comments:
You were mad, spelling doesn't count! I'm so glad it wasn't worse than it was. Dammit. I also think your cake is beautiful.
That's a bummer about getting locked out! You still made a very nice cake though :)
It looks beautiful! I hate to hear about the lock though. I would be utterly annoyed by it myself!
Lovely cake.
Is the lock fixed now?
Post a Comment