November 16, 2007

What's on your fridge?

I entered a contest over at My Little Orange Kitchen's blog. I didn't win, but she said she'd give out little consolation prizes if we sent her a mailing address. I love getting stuff in the mail (with the exception of bills of course, haha), so I gave it a go.





Today I got my little envelope in the mail to find these cute little magnets!





Laura just recently opened her Etsy shop selling her beautiful paper wallets - go check it out and support handmade! I'm waiting around to see if she'll have a light blue/chocolate brown colour combo wallet in the near future (hint hint Laura!)


So I put these cute additions onto my fridge door and thought wouldn't it be kooky to do a post on the blog showcasing the fridge door with the stuff you have stuck on it? I'm talking about the magnets and knick knacks, not the spaghetti sauce you splattered all over it and forgot to clean off and is now crusted on and will be a bitch to clean off (hahaha just kiddin).




Anyway, this is the left hand side of the fridge (the freezer). I'm ready to release the two fuzzy ones from their magnet duty (the ones in the top left corner). The magnet-tude (hahaha I just kill myself) of the annoyance they've caused me by constantly falling off the fridge is just getting to be a pain in the arse.


Other magnets there are ones my sister and Bear's daughter have brought back for us from trips taken (Niagara Falls and Vegas). Below that is a photo of some family members.





Below that was a postcard I received in my virtual vacation swap.










Here is the right hand side of the fridge. The upper left photo is of Jiggs, the boxer Bear grew up with.



The most recent addition (besides Laura's magnets) is the skull magnet my sister brought back from her trip to Las Vegas.

She knows "we're weird" and collect skull decor here and there, so she thought we'd like this magnet. He's fun to play with :)

I have two magnetic shopping lists there on the bottom, one I received recently in a Halloween-themed swap.

I know some of you are just dying to know what's on the shopping list right? It's pretty boring, but just to entertain you, it lists powdered sugar, garbage bags, parchment paper and toilet paper. I can't even remember what I was going to make using powdered sugar, because this list is dated from September hahhaha!





These are magnets Bear helped me make using some photos I took on a trip to Hawaii a few years ago.

A few Christmases ago, Bear and I printed out a bunch of photos we took and gifted photo magnets to family members. They were a hit!









So what do you have on your fridge? Take some photos and post on your blog. I'd love to see what other people have on their fridge (and perhaps be nosy and see what's on their shopping list hahaha)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for the mention...Hmm...baby blue and chocolate...we shall see what we shall see! You make me laugh with the "magnet-tude" line. I can so relate to outdated shopping lists. I think I'll follow your lead and do a what's on your fridge post soon too!

Cindy said...

I am so not showing you the front of my fridge right now. I put EVERYTHING on the fridge to avoid losing it(the everything, not the fridge). I love yours, though.