I still need to block it, but the ends are woven in. I'm happy with how it turned out and hope the recipient will enjoy it. It was a fun knit and I'd totally knit another one and probably make it even longer.
So how is everyone's Thanksgiving prep work going? I was totally on the ball this year and got stuff done early so I'm not up 'til the wee hours the night before. We shopped early for all the ingredients, got the brine for the bird chilled and ready and my 2nd batch of cornbread was not crap and passed my strict QA tests (haha).
So this is the menu our family will be having this Thanksgiving.
- cauliflower soup (maybe, if my dad "feels up to making it" as he says. He better.)
- 2 turkeys (a brined, roasted bird that Bear and I prepare, and another turkey that my BIL smokes in the smoker) - we like leftovers, hence the two turkeys.
- mashed potatoes (sis will be in charge of this)
- green bean casserole (not canned because I hate mushy green beans - I'm making 'em w/ fresh green beans and will fry up some sliced shallots to put on top)
- homemade cornbread stuffing with sausage, dried apricots and cranberries. This is the 2nd batch of cornbread I made that I'll be using for the stuffing, cubed and dried in the oven, ready to become stuffing tomorrow)
Love the fall colour combo of the dried fruit!
- mom's julienned carrots sauteed in a miso ginger sauce (this is the Asianized turkey day staple at our house)
- corn (a must have for my Bear)
- spiced cranberry sauce with zinfandel (love this stuff and got my mom hooked on it too) :) I think mom and I are the only ones crazy about this macerated fruit dish. Doubled the recipe this year, which means I used a whole friggin bottle of zinfandel without getting to drink a glass while I cook like I usually do :)
- pumpkin and apple pie for dessert
After all this prep work, I sat down on the couch and continued working on my lace scarf for mom and hope to get it done in the next day or two so that I can move on to the other two scarves I need to knit. I'm so proud of myself for not falling too far behind and not putting things off at the last minute this year *pats self on back* hahahahah
OK, well I best be off for now. I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends and family. And remember..... there's always room for pie! :)
9 comments:
I love the scarf! Congratulations on finishing it. I think the menu you have planned sounds fantastic!! I am shocked and appalled because I just discovered that my mother bought one 12.73 pound turkey for 10 people!!!!!!! I must be adopted.
I make a green bean dish with shallots too!
Happy Thanksgiving!
YAY I love the scarf!! It looks perfect! Happy thanksgiving!
Yum! The spiced cranberry sauce sounds fantastic. I may have to hit you up for the recipe...
Your scarf turned our GREAT! Please bring it to the next Wednesday night knitting group so we can all drool over it in person!
Yes, please share that recipe for the cranberry sauce, sounds yummy!
What a beautiful and yummy meal. Hope it was a happy one. I love your alligator scarf. Turned out great!
putting in my vote for you to share that cranberry recipe too! I have never found one that felt RIGHT, so I just keep happily trying them out.
Oh. My Ravelry name is knitwonpurltoo. Original, huh? Please add me to your friends.
Yay! LOVE the gator scarf...what a great pattern :)
Swap Happy
Post a Comment