November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving knit-a-thon = FO's

Hope everyone enjoyed a great Thanksgiving. My family and I had a great time over at my sister's house. It's almost tradition that some kind of argument breaks out over something stupid on Thanksgiving, but amazingly, the only argument that came out that day was me yelling at Bear because he got the turkey brine all over the kitchen floor, so we actually escaped any full blown argument this year - now that's a feat in and of itself hahaha

We got to play with the Wii that my sister bought through a co-worker. Everyone, especially my mom, had a lot of fun playing that. This is dad and little sis playing some doubles tennis.



I forgot to take a photo of the turkey and my other food photos didn't turn out all the great, so I omitted them. Do take my word that everything was delicious and of course, you had to go back home with the button of your pants undone because you ate too much.


I was even one of the crazies that were out shopping at 5am the next morning. I got up at 4:30am and went to stock up on some socks that were half off (Bear really needed work socks), then we went to an office supply store for some memory cards for the camera. Then we went back home and went back to bed. On our drive to my sister's on Thanksgiving, I couldn't believe there were people camped out at an electronics store around 10am already. I mean, couldn't they wait until after they had some turkey or something to put up their tents and canopies to camp out for the night? On top of all that, it was really cold and frosty around here.


Well since I had a 4 day weekend, I had a knitting marathon going here and finished a buttload of knitting gifts! My wrists are a bit sore from the knitting, but I'm so happy to get all of this done:


This is a scarf for Bear's daughter done in a simple garter stitch in her favorite pink.




This is the lace scarf for mom that I still need to weave in the ends and block. I'm quite pleased at my first attempt at lace knitting. I could definitely do this again.



And lastly, I made some sherbet-coloured washcloths/dishcloths for Bear's mom. Love the colour combo of the set and I still have plenty of cotton yarn left over for a few more sets.


Thanks for all the requests on the cranberry sauce recipe. I'll try to get that posted here in the next day or two. Well I gotta go get ready for work. Have a great Monday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that pink scarf! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Hey what's the pattern for the lace scarf?

Cindy said...

My goodness girl, you've been busy. I'm so impressed. I'm glad you had a great turkey day. We did, too.

Anonymous said...

ooOoOoOooOooh, agree on the awesomeness of the sherbet washcloth set...the colors are made of awesome :)

Swap Happy