December 2, 2008

Locavore's Turkey & Fixin's

So here's our menu for this year's Thanksgiving. I've added an asterisk for those items prepared using local ingredients.

What Bear and I brought:

Good Eats Roast Turkey * (yes, the turkey was local and cost an arm and a leg, but a definite plus!)

Pumpkin Spice Bundt cake with buttermilk icing * (pumpkin, emmer flour)

Spiced Cranberry and Zinfandel Sauce

Green Bean casserole * (green beans)

Roasted acorn squash with rosemary * (acorn squash, rosemary)


Other members of the family made the rest of the Turkey day grub. I'd have posted photos, but they didn't turn out well. All in all, not bad using some local ingredients, but I was satisfied that the main course was all local. The bird was big and tasted absolutely great. If you can afford a local turkey, by all means go for it!

Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving.

Got a back to back post this evening, just to get caught up with my blogging.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I'm sorry the pix didn't turn out. Hate that. But, it sounds like a wonderful meal!