As long as I'm indoors and not having to venture out, it's nice looking out and seeing the beautiful blanket of snow making everything look pristine and wintery white. I made Bear go out earlier this morning so that we can send some photos to some of our families who live out of state.
I've had to bust our my thick, Norwegian wool sweaters to keep warm this past week at work and it looks like I won't be putting them away anytime soon either.
At this rate, I'm not even sure if Bear and I will be able to make our rounds to visit family and friends until after Christmas because of the road conditions... but we'll have to wait and see. We've got a warm front bringing in moisture from the South and we've got the cold temps coming down to us from the North, so it's been a battle and we're just waiting to see who's going to win before Christmas comes to town.
While it's been cabin fever over here, I've managed to finish one more gift bag that's going to my sister as a holiday gift. I really love this pattern! Although I didn't get as many bags as I would have liked, I hope to knit at least one bag a month next year so that I'll have plenty to give as gifts next year.
Here's to hoping that my office will close down tomorrow so that I have an extra day to finish some more knitting!
4 comments:
How cozy, knitting at home with the snow coming down outside! I hope you got the day off from work!
I hope you are off tomorrow, too. It's hard to get to work when it's this crappy.
I love the bag! The blue is so pretty.
The pictures he took are beautiful.
I do hope the roads clear and that people (you too) can get to where they want to go safely.
Happy Solstice!
You suck! This year wil be hot enough to pretty much wear shorts and a tee on Christmas day. Today it is is supposed to be a high of 45 tommorrow 55 then 70s the rest of the week... BAH! It is really hard to want to sing carols when you haven't lit a fire in the fire place since the first of Nov...
I love the bag by the way. I have knit 2 of them and love them. The handles to seem short, but they are perfect when you shop with them!
Post a Comment