November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks

There's been a lot of stuff going on as we enter this holiday season. As others have posted what they're thankful for this Thanksgiving, here's my list of what I'm thankful for this year.



1. My health, Bear's health and our family's health. I could shed a few pounds (or twenty), but my overall health is decent and for that I'm thankful.



2. A relatively stable job. With the economy the way it is and with the layoffs that happened a few months ago at work, I wasn't sure whether I'd be next. Some big changes took place at work recently and my department is now in charge of doing the work of our office as well as for another office, so my work has literally doubled and keeping me busy. I don't like what I'm doing at times, but it's a paycheck and it pays the bills and keeps a roof over my head, so no complaints here.



3. Bear. I haven't been the easiest person to live with lately being so stressed out about everything, but he's the one who kept his cool and kept me sane. Thanks love. You are the Xanax to my anxiety ;)



4. The friends I've made through knitting and the blogisphere. It's been so inspiring to see what crafty things people have made. From the gals in my knitting group to all of you who come and visit my little blog - love you all!



5. Learning how to sew and furthering my knitting skills. It's great to finish something and say "I made that." I hope to continue to be inspired by others and see what crafty thing I'll come up with next - there's definitely lots of stuff to do!!!



I'll share with all of you how we fared in the "eat local" Thanksgiving in another post soon.



Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a nice post. I wish you and Bear a very happy Thanksgiving Emiko.

Cindy said...

You do have so much to be thankful for. Have a wonderful day and a big hug to you!

Saren Johnson said...

That was lovely. I'm glad to have met you during the last year.