December 14, 2008

Baby, it's cold outside

We had our first snowfall of the season last night. It looks like it's here to stick around for awhile, as temperatures aren't expected to get warmer anytime soon. Monday's supposed to have a high of 24 - gah!

It meant not getting out to finish my holiday shopping, but I whipped up a quick gift knit - a beer sweater (ravelry pattern link here ). I thought it was appropriate to have a seasonal beer to "model" the sweater, so it's 2 Below ale from the New Belgium Brewing Co. It sure feels like 2 below, but I'm enjoying the view from indoors while staying warm.


Hey, who's to say beer can't be dressed for the weather too? ;) At least the recipient won't have to have cold fingers while enjoying a cold brew.

So does this sweater count as my first knit garment? hehehe.
Hope everyone's staying snuggly warm.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

If it looks like a sweater, it is a sweater;-p
Stay warm!

yoel said...

Ooh, I've had a sweater beer cozy on my list for so long. Very cute! I'll have to knit one right away.

Anonymous said...

I say the sweater counts! I mean, if you knitted it for a little baby we'd all say so, so why should it be any different just because it's for a beer!

Saren Johnson said...

Yeah the sweater counts. Wait until you're making an adult size on 3's (using sock yarn).