I've been on a yogurt kick as of late.
I love vanilla yogurt with a sprinkle of almond granola, so I've been buying the tub o' lard size containers of lowfat vanilla yogurt. My last trip to the grocery store however, I was shopping in a hurry and came home to discover that I bought plain yogurt instead of vanilla.
I love yogurt, but I'm not too crazy about the plain stuff, but use it when I make banana bread.
With a big horkin tub of plain yogurt sitting in the fridge, I knew it was time to search for a yogurt cake online. I came across this one and it looked like my kinda cake. I love lemon poppyseed muffins, but didn't feel like poppyseeds (gotta pass that drug test at work, ya know - nahh, just kiddin!), so I omitted those from the recipe.
You know I'm a sucker for tangy, lemony desserts, but this takes the cake (haha)! The yogurt in the cake makes for a really moist cake and the yogurt and lemon glaze give it that tang that I absolutely love. It's simple, quick to make and very lemony delicious!
7 comments:
Yum, that looks really, really good. I'm a sucker for lemon stuff too.
OMG that looks yummy! I'll be right over...to test for poison. =)
Yogurt seems to always make some of the best cakes! My coworkers make fun of me for some of my low fat cakes, but that is hard to beat! Oil does dry it out a bit!
Can I have a piece, please? That looks so yummi!
Your yogurt lemon cake looks exactly like my lemon yogurt bread. Betcha the recipe is a ringer:) I absolutely LOVELOVELOVE lemon cakes, cookies, whatever.
mmm....recipe please? =D
Whoops! I see the link for it! I'm retarded! =D
Post a Comment