January 3, 2008

Hey hey it's the monkees

Erm...monkey socks actually.




I've been wanting to knit these socks since last year, but felt I couldn't do it because I was a beginner. I think I was limiting myself as far as my knitting abilities go, because I kept labeling myself as a beginner and convinced myself that beginners shouldn't be knitting this pattern or that or whatever it was that looked somewhat difficult to knit. Well, I thought a new year was a good time to challenge myself to knit something new and to not confine myself to knits that I'd considered as beginner do-able, so I CO for my monkey socks on the first evening of 2008.



The yarn I'm using is Spritely Goods 'Peppercorn Blend' * . I love how it's turning out so far.
I didn't actually mean to CO for the monkeys just quite yet. I was actually going to knit a hat to check off one of my '08 To Do List, but I didn't have the needle size so I looked for another pattern, but I didn't have the right size needles for that either, so I got frustrated and said "screw it" and just CO for the monkey socks with some yarn in my stash.

Sometimes a little pissed-offness helps to just get the ball rolling so that I don't have time to question my actions, hehehe :)

* Edited to add a revised link for the Peppercorn Blend yarn. FYI, the yarn weight I am knitting with is 'Sylph'.

9 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

Those look great. Love the name of the colorway.

Word verification: nfeyoke - How you curse at your sweater...

Rhonda said...

Those are looking great! I love the monkey pattern. I may knit it again soon.

Wendy said...

Monkeys are great socks to knit up. They go so fast and are wonderful to wear. I'm sure you're really going to enjoy them.

A 30-something femme createrix said...

oooh! oooh! OoOoOoh! Super spiffy yarn colorway! WANT!

Sadly, went to the site and cannot find :( *sob*

Great lookin' socks there :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, good job! Looks like you're cruising right along!

Cindy said...

You are doing a fabulous job on the monkey socks. The yarn is beautiful and you are definitely NOT A BEGINNER ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!

Carrie Penny said...

You're doing great on them. They are a great pattern for someone that feels like they are new to knitting and those were one of the first socks that I ever knit... I am in love with them!

Anonymous said...

I hardly think you can call yourself a beginner! I had never heard of colorways before your blog, and I love the names they're given. Peppercorn just sounds so nice.

Anonymous said...

Hi there* Congrats for the courage of giving the next step! And you're right, sometimes we just need a little push to go further... Love the way you sock is turning out! kisses* Sofia