December 1, 2007

Walkin in a Winter Wonderland




Some of us in the Puget Sound region got their first dusting of snow this winter today. I woke up this morning to a light dusting of snow on the ground and then it started to really come down around noon. It's not expected to linger around, but I thought it was a great way to welcome in December.


I love how quiet everything sounds after the snowfall. It's very serene. You walk out and look at all the tracks of shoeprints, little cat paws and of little birds crisscrossing their way through the powdery snow. I liked these sets of bird tracks below.

What? No snow fell where you live? Well how about if we make some snowflakes for you instead? :)

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

I like your pictures too!

littleorangekitchen said...

I love the one where it looks like a winding path. We got almost 5 inches here and as long as it's undisturbed, it's really pretty.

Cindy said...

No snow here. I do love your pictures, though. Lovely to walk in when it's under 9 or 10".

Suzy's Corner said...

I just love the picture of the paw tracks in the snow. I live in Maryland and there has been no snow here yet! I am sure we will have some soon.