December 30, 2007

Tying up loose ends...

Hope everyone enjoyed their holidays. I received very nice gifts, I ate too much as is expected, and a good time was had by all.



Now the preparations for the new year are underway and I spent my day doing some cleaning, taking the tree out and putting the holiday decorations away.



As I peruse my blog list, I've noticed some people have begun their lists for next year or resolutions for that matter. It's amazing to think it's almost been a year since I first learned how to knit. I also completed my resolution for this year, which was to learn how to knit socks. It's nice to have this feeling of accomplishment and I hope to keep this up for the coming year.



I thought I'd make a little list for 2008 for me to accomplish and share with all of you. You'll find some things on my list that are pretty common on others' lists, but others items on my list are specific techniques or crafting things I've wanted to do but haven't gotten around to doing for one reason or another.



So here's my list, in no particular order, for 2008.



1. Get more exercise

2. Knit socks using Magic Loop method

3. Check out books from the library or buy used instead of new

4. Organize the home (or more specifically, eliminating paper crap)

5. Do yoga regularly with Bear, so that I can be more relaxed and not uptight about petty things

6. Be a better listener

7. Learn to knit a hat/cap

8. Pay off credit card debt

9. Set aside money into my savings each month, no matter how little that amount may be

10. Learn to make soap

5 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

Soap making sounds interesting. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Cindy said...

WoW! I am truly impressed.

DaCraftyLady said...

I would love to make soap...sounds so interesting. I see you like to swap and thought you might enjoy a swap I host at http://crochetswapblog.blogspot.com
Its all about knit and crochet and having fun. We have a great group friendly and committed to swapping. I know you'll enjoy it there. Happy New Year

Anonymous said...

I love these resolutions and how they leave very little up to chance. It's up to you and I have a feeling you'll get many accomplished. I also think it's fun that I'll be reading your blog throughout the year and will be able to see you do these things...making soap for one!

Robin said...

Found you by way of Emmy's blog. I make soap using the hot process method in a crockpot. I love it!! GOOGLE or check Amazon for the hot process book by Delores Boone. You will love the Magic Loop method! I think it's a lot faster than 3 DPNs. Enjoyed your blog! My sons are from South Korea and they love rice cakes!!!