My SP11 hostess Christine is having a contest for her group and it entails posting photos of our stash and where we store it. So here's the stash in its entirety...
It's kinda scary when you look at it all at once... remember, I just learned to knit over 8 months ago and I've already managed to accumulate this much?!?!? Holy crap!
Well all that yarn is stored here, in a corner of the living room, in a 3 drawer rollaway plastic cart, tucked between the couch and my bookcase.
Oh who am I trying to kid? Before the photo above, in actuality it looked more like this:
A disarrayed, chaotic mess. I can't believe I'm posting this photo on my blog. I must be out of my mind!
Well thanks to my guilty conscience, I felt compelled to inform my blog-reading public that I am human and am occasionally (yes, only occasionally, stop it!) a disorganized mess. Sometimes I prefer to knit and do other things than to pick up and organize, even if I know I need to. Besides, it's because of disorganized people such as myself that are here to maintain the balance with the anal-retentive, OCD cleanliness neat freak organizers of the world so that we can establish harmonious yin and yang in our lives (heh).
I had to show you the REAL photo for a reality check and to give myself a warning that it's time to put all the crap away, so I guess I have you all to thank for getting that stash organized and put away nicely, because I had been putting it off for awhile. How ironic that this all stemmed from a contest for a chance to win what? .... none other than.... MORE YARN heh. I'm sick. :)
5 comments:
There is no shame in being an "organized mess." My dad was making fun of me the other day and I had to tell him that I am clean, no germs; not tidy, no mess... He can't believe that since I moved out on my own that I have almost always had a clean house.
ROFL!!! I hope my hostess doesn't ask us to flash our stash! I'd be in trouble!
I love your "real" before pic. I feel right at home. :D
Nice goodies.
It's odd, I have been trying to post this comment since yesterday,but for some reason "the system" wouldn't let me.
I just wanted to say that I love that pink, brown and green yarn in the second picture more than you can imagine. It's gorgeous!
I hope this comment takes!
Thank goodness I have a basement. My stash is safely hidden from view. Your honesty is so cute, because I am just way worse.
That is some lovely yarn! I'm glad you showed the "real" picture, it let so many of us know that we're not alone! Some people have basements, I have an extremely deep coat closet that hides a multitude of sins (aka stash aquisitions!)
Post a Comment