August 3, 2007

Eye Candy Friday and knitting updates

I didn't care much for the Friday's Feast Q's for this Friday, so I thought I'd replace it with an Eye Candy Friday instead, since I haven't done that in awhile.










This photo is from my archives, taken 2 summers ago in the California desert at Joshua Tree National Park. I loved this area and would love to go back! We stayed at the park to watch the sunset and this photo is one of my personal faves.





Now on to knitting news, since I don't think I've really posted on my knitting since finishing my ITE swap tote. I found a knitting group and I'm so excited! Since I learned how to knit at the beginning of this year, I'd been wondering if there were any local knitters that got together to knit weekly or monthly or whatnot. I didn't really find any knitting groups taking place at any of the LYS, so I thought perhaps I was out of luck.





Earlier this week, I came across some posts on Ravelry on local knitting groups, and I actually found one that meets every Wednesday close to where I live. I'm actually quite shy when it comes to public outings and getting to know others, but I knew I had to suck it up and go if I wanted to meet fellow knitters in the area. Plus, I knew once I got there, I'd probably be ok - it's always the preparations of going somewhere that get nerve-wracking for me. Well I went the other night and I had a blast! There were about 9 or 10 of us and they were all really nice. Bear can only handle me talking about yarn and knitblogs for so long, so I'm sure it was refreshing for him to see that I found a group of people with a common interest (plus, it extended his nighttime online gaming time w/ me being out of the house, so he was more than encouraging to see me go, heh). I loved being able to talk about yarn and patterns and books and Ravelry and knitblogs and whatever other topic that came up. I look forward to getting to know these gals a little more and hope to can share their knitting expertise with a newbie knitter as myself.



No photos to post, but I've about 20 rows left until I finish my first sock! I hope to get this done this weekend. I'm ready to CO for my 2nd pair, really. Happy Friday

2 comments:

Cindy said...

You go girl. I'm thrilled you found a group close by. You're more apt to go if you don't have to pack a lunch for the trip. As for socks, if you've knit one plain pair, then you're ready to try something else. Find a pattern that makes sense to you and give it go! Love the pic and have a great weekend.

Angela said...

Your finished socks are fabulous!!! Well done!
My Mr Ken loves it when I head out for knit night because he too likes to squeeze in a bit of on-line gambling and not have to do the dishes first because I am home!!! :) Boys!!!
Great to have you as part of the group and I am glad you overcame your shyness to join us!!!