August 5, 2007

Let us cherish this moment....

As I reveal to you my first ever pair of knitted socks:





After spending some grueling moments in knitting this sock, I'm happy to say it is done. I finished the toe and the grafting late last night. I know they're not matchy-matchy, but I kinda like them that way. It gives them a little more character (in case you wanted to know, the sock on the right is the first of the pair that I started to knit). I started these in April this year, so almost 4 months to do my first pair of socks ain't bad at all. I can't believe I finished them!!! I wish I had made New Years' resolutions fun like this years ago.


If I can knit socks, anyone can, seriously. My mom's been knitting for years and she's never knit a sock, so I can actually teach her something in exchange for all the things she's taught me. There's a whole new knitting world out there for me to explore now that I have my first pair of socks under my belt. I'm ready to CO for sock #2.... now it's the hard part of deciding what to knit using what yarn and what pattern..... woohoo!

I'd like to thank all of you readers for your encouragement since I started this blog and began documenting my knitting progress (and venting my knitting frustrations) as I worked on my first pair of socks. So a big "Thank You" and I look forward to sharing more FOs with you, especially more SOCKS!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I love the yarn you used for these socks! Congratulations on your first pair! I'm super impressed since I can't knit at all.

Yesterday's post cracked me up. I love how when the mention the side effects it's always in a real pleasant and earnest tone as if they are telling you the benefits.

Carrie Penny said...

Socks were torture for me at first, but I finally got the hang of them. It took me forever!!! I am glad you finally have joined those of us that have taken the time and patience to finish them!

I like yours, they look a lot better than my first pair!

Saren Johnson said...

Like you, I don't mind if my socks don't match up. They look very nice.

~ Teresa ~ said...

Good job on the socks! My first pair of socks were footies. It gave me the foundation to make socks which I have done since then... I think that you were quite brave to make "big girl" socks first.... I really like the color/pattern of them... Like I said before, GOOD JOB!

Cindy said...

Your socks are beautiful.

Carrie said...

Great job--it looks like you really nailed the gauge needed to get the pattern to work out.

I think that I'm still working on the first real pair of socks I started, although I've finished a few others in the meantime!