1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I've yet to try a few out there, but so far I like the soft, natural fibers. I don't like scratchy acrylic yarn (but it's ok if in a wool/acrylic blend). I don't care much for the fun fur/eyelashy type of yarn either.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I received a needle roll in a swap I recently participated in. I still don't really have anything to hold my circs and dpns. They're just in their original packages and I throw them all in a big plastic tub that contains all my knitting notions.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned how to knit on New Years Eve 2006, so it hasn't even been a year yet. I'm definitely a beginner! :)
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
It's not all knitting related, but it is a list.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/TI5ZAM4H6P9N/ref=cm_wl_rlist_go/103-1489439-1714225
5. What's your favorite scent?
I LOVE the smell of lavender! I also like ginger, bergamot, citrusy, scents.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I love cookies! I love chocolate! Coffee flavored things are good too. Chocolate covered espresso beans are one of my favorites. But I'm easy to please as far as sweet and savories with the exception of licorice - I can't do licorice.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I was into rubberstamping and made some greeting cards for awhile, but I haven't done any as of late. I was thinking about resurrecting them to make Christmas cards this year. But I'm really just focused on knitting only right now :) No, no spinning yet. I'd like to try someday though.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like just about anything these days, with the exception of country music. It just depends on my mood. If it's too general, I can always give more examples of what I listen to - just let me know :) Yes, I can play MP3s.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love blues, greens, purples and browns (sorry, I don't really have one fave colour!). I tend to gravitate towards the darker hues of those colours. Earthy tones are great. I don't care much for neons.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I currently live with my boyfriend. We have some tropical fish (cichlids) and we hope to add a dog and a cat to our family someday when we have a house to call our own (and more space to keep them).
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I love scarves and hats. I wear gloves when it's snowing out or know I'll be somewhere where I'll be outside for a considerable amount of time. No to ponchos though.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I'm still a new knitter, so I'm just trying to knit different things just to get myself familiar and see what I like/don't like. I just recently finished my first pair of socks and am already addicted to them. I look forward to knitting more socks!
13. What are you knitting right now?
I plan to CO for sock #2 very soon. I also have a scarf I need to finish. I also need to start thinking about what I'm going to be knitting for gifts for Christmas, as I'd like to try to knit gifts this year.... yikes, is it already time to start planning that? :)
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
YES! I love the creativity and thought put into handmade gifts.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I just knit my first sock using bamboo dpns. I'd like to try the 2 circs or magic loop method to knit socks someday. For circs, I love the addi turbos. For socks, I really do like the bamboo dpns so far. But I'm usually willing to try something at least once.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
There's probably a law somewhere that states you can't own them until you can prove yourself with your knitting proficiency, but damnit, they looked cool and fun to use, so yes, I do own a winder and swift :)
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I started a scarf back in March this year, but started my first pair of socks and it hasn't been touched since. I'm trying not to CO for too many projects at once so that I can stay on top of things and not get too overwhelmed.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
I LOVE Halloween! It's such a fun holiday. I love wearing costumes, carving pumpkins, spiced cider, decorating the house with skeletons, spiders, black cats, the whole nine yards. It just sucks that I don't get many trick or treaters, but I still have fun each year :)
19. Is there anything that you collect?
I realized that I have a coffee theme kinda going on in my kitchen (I'm a die-hard coffee addict), and I love lavender scented or lavender pictured lavender anything :) Bear and I also collect native american art/books. I suppose I "collect" cookbooks too, as I've amassed quite a collection :) I read them like any other book, even in bed!
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have a few knitting books on my amazon wishlist. I've yet to knit with STR - I'd love to try that someday. I just started my subscription to Interweave Knits.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'd like to learn magic loop or 2 circ sock knitting techniques and just more sock knitting of any kind in general. It's not a technique per se, but I also would like to knit more dishcloths and get my stitches a little more even when knitting those so that you can see the design on them.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes. I don't know my foot measurements, but I wear a size 8 shoe. My calves are also on the thicker side, so I need em a little stretchier.
23. When is your birthday?
June 20th.
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes! I just got on a few weeks ago. My ID is emicat
4 comments:
We both share w/ Madonna and Kathie Lee Gifford too!
I just checked out your Amazon list and almost hit the floor when I saw the Northern Exposure collections!!! My all time favorite show!! Plus, it's always good to read the blog of someone who reads cookbooks in bed and goes on-line to fact check prescription drug commercials!!
Yay! So many great ideas to spoil you with :)
Swap Happy
I am so excited that there is a 'reads cookbooks in bed' member of our knitting group. Next wednesday I would love it if you shared with me all your favorites.
Post a Comment