August 14, 2007

Quick knits

I actually finished two things in the past week:




The lavender scarf that I began shortly after I finished my knitting class. The pattern is actually one I was using for a dishcloth I was knitting up and I liked the texture of it and thought it would look rather nice for a scarf. Here's a close up:





The blue item was a request from Bear. It's for his camera strap, as he wanted something to wrap around the camera strap for a little comfort because the strap was digging into the back of his neck and was uncomfortable for him. I wasn't quite sure what or how I was going to knit for the camera strap, but when I was knitting the Frankenberry Tote, the handles for the tote called for double knit and I thought the thickness of it was perfect to cover the strap for Bear's camera, so that's what I did in some cotton yarn. He wanted it stretched out a little tight, so that's why it looks the way it did. I'm glad it worked out :)



I know, they're rather simple knits, but sometimes you need things you can knit that don't require a whole lot of concentration. Just something to knit to kill time, you know?

Speaking of which, I highly recommend NOT knitting while watching horror flicks. I learned the hard way the other night when Bear and I were watching "The Messengers" and I was knitting away on the camera strap cover with my addi circs when I was scared shitless during one of the jumpy parts of the movie and jabbed myself with the needle into my forehead. Doh! Guess you can say I've no problems with the reflexes in my arm, hehe. Bear had a good laugh at my expense and immediately established a No Knitting During Horror Flicks rule, but I'm just glad they were big, rounded metal circs instead of small, pointy bamboo dpn's :)

I'm going to be working on a knitting project for the next couple of weeks, which I'll share with you as soon as I figure out the details myself. I'm a little scared, but also excited!

7 comments:

Carrie Penny said...

Lord have mercy. I can't tell you the strangest ways I have hurt myself knitting, but anything that will make me jump is out of the picture here too... I like the scarf patter a lot, it is simple, but simplicity is glam too... Even the classics in fashion Dior/Channel thought that simplicity was the way to go...

Anonymous said...

Aghaahahaa! I shouldn't laugh, but I can't help it! The vision of you jumping and hitting yourself on the head and then Bear's reaction is hysterical. I agree with his new rule!

The camera strap idea is brilliant. I'll bet it feels so much softer than the usual ones...

Anonymous said...

ROFL!!! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with needle injuries! :D

Anonymous said...

p.s. Lovely FOs!

Cindy said...

Nice work! I love the camera strap cover. You have design capabilities, girl. The scarf is so light and pretty. As for the weapons of forehead destruction. CUT THAT OUT!!!

Anonymous said...

Great FOs :) I agree with needing some brainless knitting between harder projects.... I did crack up at the needle to the forhead statement...but just a little. Promise :P

Swap Happy

Anonymous said...

Hey- do me a favor and give me a heads up if there's another coffee swap, will ya? :) Tanky.