Yesterday was Bear's birthday, so we took yesterday and today off work for an extended weekend. We went back to Sequim for the day to look into some info, as we both want to move there someday. It's more of a retirement community, but the location couldn't be better for kayaking, hiking and just getting away from the busyness and madness of city/suburb life.

I guess we're both yearning for a simpler life and think Sequim may be the answer. While we were driving around there, we saw so many deer! Many deer fams just wandering about in people's yards. They were so cute!!!
When we got back, I had received a package I was waiting for. It was from White Oak Studio for a contest I won on her blog last week. She had a contest to get some ideas for Christmas themed yarn and I thought a colourway based on 'The Polar Express' movie would be beautiful. I and another gal who pitched the movie won two skeins of her yarn! I love the theme of her yarn: tv yarn. All of her colourways are based on movies or tv shows. I couldn't help but purchase two of her yarns and had all of them shipped at the same time.
So this is the loot in its entirety. Beautiful colours!!!
She made a 'Northern Exposure' colourway and as soon as I saw it, I HAD to have it (you understand, don't you Laura?), as I LOVE that show.
I had seen the Buffy the Vampire Slayer colourway on a Buffy KAL and drooled over it, and since that was also available, I had to snag that too.
And here's the Polar Express yarn that I helped contribute to. I am so excited and happy to have won such a contest!
Since the sun was out today, I thought I'd take a few photos of some stuff we have growing on our patio. Now I don't claim to be a gardener whatsoever, but Bear and I are trying to follow the "buy/eat locally" lifestyle whenever we can, and thought we'd also try to grow some stuff on our own. We've got two kinds of peppers growing (a tomato plant too, but no tomatoes yet),
some basil, rosemary and lavender:
I've got some photos to post on my current project, so I hope to get those up this weekend too.
Have a good one!
4 comments:
I love yarn and love the idea of colourways (I had never heard of them before)...I wish I knew how to knit! Your peppers look great!
I love the yarn! Northern Exposure rocked! I wish I had caught it at the start when Chiller Channel started re-running it... But I did start American Gothic at the start...
Your plants look great! I haven't grown anything in forever and half a day! Have a tomato samie for me when they are ripe!
Great pics! NICE yarn!!! :)
I have never seen her yarn before. It's beautiful. And, your plants look great. As for the darling deer......you will never have pretty flowers. They eat everything. Still, I can see why you love the area. It is serene and what a vista!
Post a Comment