It was a weekend full of celebrations, capping the end of August and bringing in September.
Some friends of ours had their wedding this weekend. She is Japanese and I like how she incorporated some Japanese traditions into the wedding and reception.
The wedding favors for the guests were chopsticks in your choice of a black or red dragon, wrapped in washi paper with a ceremonial knot with the bride and groom's wedding date on them. I thought it was a very cute and creative wedding favor.
Then on to Bear's younger son's birthday. It was earlier last week, but we weren't able to celebrate it until this weekend. This weekend has been rather hot, so I thought it would be a great way to cool down with an ice cream cake instead.
Bear and his son will probably spend tonight playing Xbox into the wee hours, so I hope they have some quality father son time together. I can't stay up late like them, so I'll probably be turning in before they do.
I also have some decisions to make in the next week or two, as I was somewhat offered a promotion at work. I'm saying "somewhat" because it means a title change into a department that has lost its stability and in need of dire changes, which means having to deal with a lot of bullcrap, all for probably a minute salary increase. So for me, I'm a little indecisive and unsure whether I want to take it or not.
Haven't had a lot going on in the knitting front, as you've probably noticed. I know I have some socks that need to be finished in the next week or so, and one half is done, so I've got plenty of time to finish. Guess I'm just going through a "blah" phase and I hope to shake myself out of it soon.
2 comments:
The wedding favors are great! Very pretty. I also thought the cake looked pretty good too!
When weighing the job decision try asking yourself how you'd feel if you suddenly didn't have to weigh it anymore...if you feel relief then it probably isn't the right promotion. Promotions can be good, but there is no shame in saying no. Best of luck on a sound decision.
The wedding favors are so unique. I really like them. As for the knitting ennui....it's probably related to the work situation. It's hard to separate all aspects of life. Good luck on your decision.
Post a Comment