I just got done knitting to almost the top of the bag (102 rounds to be exact). The pattern states that the felted dimensions of the bag (not including the straps which I haven't started on yet) is approx. 10"h and 14.5"w. When I reread the pattern, I was thinking "that small?" because look at how friggin huge this bag is right now:
In other news, last night we went to go watch a Seattle Storm game. This was my first WNBA game and I had a great time. Bear and I got into watching girls basketball, as Bear's daughter plays basketball and we go watch her games all the time. This year was great to follow along with, as her team won state. They beat a team that have been the State winners a few times in the past with some really big and tall players that you almost question whether they're actually highschoolers. Well their dedication paid off and they brought home their first State trophy and I was really proud of all of the girls, even if I didn't know them all personally. It was a great achievement and I was happy to share in Bear's daughter's win.
There's a different dedication and passion that the girls have as I watch them play that makes it more interesting - they're really intense and can kick some serious arse!!! Perhaps they feel they have to prove themselves more when they're just as capable (if not even better than) the guys. Sure, the guys in the NBA are the ones who get the $$$$$, but the gals have perseverance and dedication and it really shows. If you haven't watched girls basketball, I highly recommend that you go check out a game at your local high school - I'm tellin you, that's where it's at!
The Storm won their game and I *almost* won a t-shirt thrown out into the audience, but I didn't want to grab it out of the lady's hands in the row in front of me (although Bear's son told me I should have, heh). Didn't want to have a WWF throwdown in row 5 all for a free t-shirt :)
2 comments:
I love the frankenberry tote! I'm known as the Felting Queen in my knitting group. While I don't think my felting is all that incredible, I do love it! =D
Ditto on the girl's basketball. I'm not much of a sports person, but a good friend from my 1st year of college was on the basketball team and we watched a bunch of WNBA games together. It's really different than watching a bunch of rich spoiled athletes. =D
Hi! I will be the designated spoiler for you for the Virtual Vacation Swap...
I'm very excited and have had a lot of fun looking through your blog. You have some great projects on here. I'm looking forward to finding out more about you through searching on here and I will keep in touch... talk to you soon :)
~Anonymous
Post a Comment