June 21, 2007

Day after

Well yesterday was my birthday. I've been crabby since last week (not necessarily tied into my birthday, but I was crabby nevertheless). I guess Bear was tired of seeing me crabby (or should I say tired of dealing with me? hehe), as I was called up by the receptionist to pick this up from my wonderful Bear:




This was the first time ever that I received flowers at work. It was embarrassing to have the attention drawn towards me as I carried the big bouquet of lilies to my desk, but at the same time, it was nice to see that I'm not the only person in the office that enjoys flowers. It's amazing how just a little colour (my lilies from Bear) added to an otherwise drab environment (the office, or orifice, as I like to call it) can put a smile on people's faces.


Since Bear likes to lurk here off and on to see if whether I've purchased sock yarn in secret (I told him not to let me buy more sock yarn until I knit up another pair). . . THANK YOU BEAR! :)


After work, Bear and I went to movie and a dinner. We went to go watch Shrek 3, as we didn't want to watch an overly long movie on a weeknight (cuz we ol' folks, ok not really, but we sure act like it sometimes) and Shrek seemed to fit the bill for what we wanted. I think we both enjoyed the flick (I love the puss 'n boots cat character voiced by Antonio Banderas, especially when the cat goes into the *how could you resist these overly cute eyes* mode).


After the movie, we headed over to a brewery next door to the theatre for some amber ale and salmon burgers. Bear and I started a game while waiting for our meals, trying to guess what kinds of conversation people were engaged in. Bear guessed correctly on a couple sitting across from us that they were on a first date, and from the looks of it, probably the last. The guy was breaking all the cardinal rules of what NOT to do on a first date with someone. He was downing beers quicker than she was drinking hers, so he was getting hammered. He just looked WAY too intent on what she had to say (not to say that she didn't have something interesting to say, it was just REALLY obvious that he was trying too hard to give her the impression that he was a good listener). As soon as he started talking about his past relationships, Bear and I knew he just tied a noose around his own neck. When she excused herself to go to the restroom, he was checking out her ass, downed the rest of his beer and mouthed, "Wow". It was hard for me to not crack up at this point. She returned, but her body language totally showed me that she wasn't interested in the guy, and he was trying to paw all over her, trying to hold her hands (she kept slipping out of his grasp, poor girl) and leaning in way too close (at least for me, if I was her). I'm glad my date went better than theirs :)

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm a people watcher, too. Isn't it fascinating? I'm glad you're getting over your fear of dogs. A healthy respect is one thing, but they do sense fear and rejection. We have two kitties and they are very much a part of his pack. Of course, they do not know this because they are kitties and they are not smart. But, he loves them dearly and wants to play with them all the time. I think your "Bear" is a keeper. Flowers for your b'day are so cool.

Anonymous said...

What a nice day! The flowers at work, then a movie and dinner out to top it off. Perfect! I've been married for years, but I think I dated that guy a long time ago! Is it possible? :) I agree with Cindy, your Bear is a keeper. I've been reading your archives and he sounds like fun. The pictures on this blog are great!