Edited to add my location: near Seattle, WA USA.
1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why?
Hmm, I think right now I'd want to visit the SW, perhaps Arizona or New Mexico. My boyfriend and I have an interest in Native American art, history, folklore, etc. especially of the Navajo and that area has been on our "need to go visit" list. I want to see those famous SW sunsets too :)
2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why?
I think I'd like to visit Denmark. I've been infatuated with Scandinavia and have had great experiences with people I've met in Norway. I chose Denmark because I'm of Danish heritage from my father's side of the family and would love to explore that part of my background.
3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries?
I've driven to Canada from WA state many times, as it's pretty close being up here in the Pacific Northwest. When I lived in CA, my family and I have made trips across the border down to Mexico too. I've made plans for cross country trips, but have yet to do so. Someday!
4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it?
I lived in Japan ,but would that count as a country you've "visited"? :)
5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why?
My trip with my boyfriend to the high desert in California about 2 years ago is probably one of my favorites. It meant a lot to me that he wanted to show me where he grew up (Twentynine Palms, CA) and visiting Joshua Tree Nat'l Park was a huge highlight. We went during the off-peak season (August), so the temperature was always above 100F the whole time we were there. I now understand what people from that kind of climate mean when they say "but it's a dry heat!" -it really is! :)
6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain.
Yes, many times. Usually you end up going somewhere you wouldn't unless you have people visiting from out of town, so you end up going to tourist spots. For example, I think it's great to do the Underground Tour when in Seattle, because you really get to know the history of the city and find out such interesting things, such as how much of the city of Seattle is below sea level. I do play tourist within WA state all the time. We try to go visit areas of the state we haven't visited all the time. Short vacations are sometimes the way to go, IMO.
7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comber or an amusement seeker?
Perhaps a little of each. It really depends on where I'm visiting. If there are places with very famous museums, you bet yer dollar I'll be there. I do like to learn the history of places I visit, so any historical museum, big or small, is always enjoyable. If I'm someplace warm and tropical , I'd love to lounge around on some beautiful beach for some R&R. I'm not an amusement seeker if it means looking for a bridge to bungee over, but if there's something exciting in some town that I wouldn't be able to experience anywhere else, I think I'd be open to trying it :) I love enjoying the outdoors anywhere I go though. National parks and scenic areas are places I'm likely to visit, as I enjoy hiking, geocaching and camping.
8. What's your favorite type of yarn?
I love working with wool so far. I'm still a fairly new knitter, so aside from wool, wool acrylic blends or cotton, I've yet to experience other types of yarn.
9. What's your least favorite type of yarn?
I can say I so far I don't like eyelash yarn or any novelty yarn.
10. What items do you like to knit/crochet?
I'm still working on my first pair of socks. It's been frustrating, but I'm learning a lot of techniques, so it's been a valuable learning item to knit. Even with all the frustrations, I can see myself knitting more socks, though. I've also enjoyed knitting dishcloths because they're so quick to knit up.
11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation?
I'm going away this weekend on a short trip and this will be my first bring-my-knitting-with-you-trip. I'm planning on bringing my sock and a felted tote I need to work on for another swap that I've signed up for.
12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet?
I don't really do any other crafts. I've purchased some polymer clay to see if I can make something, but haven't gotten around to doing anything with it (yet). I was really into making homemade cards using rubber stamps, but I haven't done that in quite awhile either. My crafting is rather sporadic :)
13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise)
Nope, no allergies. Treat wise, not an allergy, but I don't like licorice/anise flavoured stuff.
14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite?
I don't have one favorite colour, but I'd say dark blues, greens and purples and browns are tops on my list. I like earthy tones. I don't care much for neons.
15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)?
Hmm I like sweet AND savory. Either works for me :)
16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know?
I can't think of anything, but they're always welcome to ask me more questions if they need to know more :) Look forward to this swap and most importantly, HAVE FUN! :)
2 comments:
Socks are so addictive! And it definately gets less frustrating the more you do. :-) We'll not talk about my giant mountain of sock yarn that is lurking upstairs waiting to swallow one of the cats. LOL Sock yarn will take over your other stash!
One of my favorite car trips was driving from Tucson to the Grand Canyon. You got to see the entire state and the beauty of it
Post a Comment