Just wanted to put up a quick update since I've been out of town.
Racing was great, but wasn't able to go see the Yarn Harlot due to timing conflicts (we were there for the racing, first and foremost) and due to NW weather, Saturday weather was a downpour all day, which didn't allow me to participate in worldwide knit in public day. Oh well. I was in a crabby mood too, so my apologies to Bear for having to put up with lil miss crabpot.
Well good news is that I don't have Single sock syndrome as of yet, and I've cast on and have knit just past the cuff. I've got to say, I still have a hard time starting up socks in the beginning. It just looks so inconsistent at the beginning and I get all frustrated because it doesn't look "neat". I've realized when I get to the point of being frustrated in the midst of knitting, I have to put it down for the night and come back to it the next day or else I just end up making more mistakes and leads to more frustrations and expletives thrown about. Better to just lay off for awhile, and it seems to be working for me. Infact, when I do keep trying to go on while frustrated, even Bear will chime in and remind me of my own rule, so he's been a help in reminding me to lay off when I get to that point. Guess I've trained him well hehehe :)
I've also cast on for my partner's tote in the International tote swap I'm participating in. I'll try to take some photos of my progress on that in the next day or two.
1 comment:
I used to have single sock syndrome...then I tried magic loop,two at a time!!! It's way easier than dpns and you get two socks done. I am converted and will never go back :)
Post a Comment