So the photo above is pre kitchener stitch (which I thought was gonna be another hard part to get through), but after devoting all my attention during lunch hour and repeating "knit purl, purl knit", by golly I got me one half of my pair of socks FRIGGIN DONE, PEOPLE!
The yarn at the end still needs to be woven in, but it's a complete sock and it fits! The only problem I have with it right now is that the cuff is a tad too loose, but they're still wearable and I look forward to casting on my 2nd half of the pair this weekend. YEAH ME! :)
Well I'm off to Portland this weekend to watch me some car races, and I'm also hoping to catch the Yarn Harlot's book signing while I'm down there.
This will be my first travelling WIP being a new knitter and all, so is it freakishly weird of me to be excited about taking a knitting project with me on a trip? Hell, I think I'm even going to bring my knitting out to the racetrack so I could take part in worldwide knit in public day (which is this Saturday, folks).
I'm still high from excitement about finishing this sock. It's a good day, my friends. Hope all of you have a great rest of the week and weekend too.
4 comments:
Congratulations on your finished sock!
That sock looks fabulous! Congratulations!
woot! Sockage! =D
I love, love, love that sock! What is that yarn please? Looks like those neopolitan color coconut candies I like. Sorry about the bad weekend weather during your races. Have a great day!
Post a Comment