I had to wait until I had some sunlight near the house to get some good photos because I don't like using flash unless I have to. It's such a beautiful felted tote! I found out later that the bag is crocheted - wow! The felted bag is so sturdy and felted really nice - care to share your felting tips with me? :)
The details on this bag... do you see some little embellishment on the right hand side of the strap on the photo above? Well guess what it is:
It's a MINI SOCK!! How did you knit those teeny tiny socks, Judith???? I'm amazed! I wanted a project tote and I sure got one! Not only did I get a beautiful felted bag, she was extremely thoughtful and generous and sent me much, much more. Check out all the other stuff I got:
I also received a dishcloth (with a pattern design by Judith), a cute knitted tissue holder, and a cute mini bag in a beautiful shade of purple (another design by Judith!). She was kind enough to include the patterns of what she knit for me in the package. I even got some yarn with a pattern for a felted purse and some cotton yarn for my own dishcloth knitting :)
Oh no, I'm still not done with what she sent me. She even included a needle case! And I really could use one too! Thank you!
On top of all those goodies, she was so thoughtful to also include a knitting book called "Ready Set Knit" that has great pictures of different types of stitches and instructions on how to knit them - great for someone new to knitting as myself - I can refer to this book when I want to experiment trying a new stitch pattern.
Thank you so much for your generosity Judith! This has been so much fun! Look forward to seeing how everyone else's bags turn out (including the one I'm making too!)
8 comments:
Such great timing and btw..Happy Birthday!! Hope you had a great day!
You got some good spoiling there! Great job Judith!! Beautiful bag!!
WOW Judith set the bar high for the rest of us! What a great bag and great loot too!
I am glad you liked this exchange so much! How terrific that you got it on your birthday. I didn't sew the needle roll however, that I bought.
Judith
Heehee, sorry for the assumption Judith. It's been corrected. It's a great needle roll and I like the little phrase printed on it :)
Wow ~ Looks like you got spoiled real good!! The bag is great and yes Judith how did you make those tiny socks!! You received some lovely goodies as well. Thanks for sharing your package with us. It will be exciting to see what each of us receives! Have a great Sunday!!
The tiny socks were knit by
Joni http://www.unioncenterknits.typepad.com/
I won them as a prize!
The bag was felted twice, that is
the reaon for the good firm bag. Don't tell, but it was too fuzzy so it went through the dryer for a while too. I am going to start on writing the pattern later this week and will share the link to it when I have it up on my pattern blog.
http://crochetpatternsonly.blogspot.com/
the tote is gorgeous and the gifts are awesome! I would have never thought you could felt something crocheted...but then I haven't tried felting yet. I keep seeing things (like this tote) that make me want to start
What lovely pressies!!
Post a Comment