However, I can at least look back on what I did this weekend and see that I did have quite a bit of fun with two things that I like very much: going to yarn shops and seeing lots and lots of tulips, my favorite flower.
Saturday, I met up with my friend L whom I haven't seen in awhile. She's actually the one who first taught me to cast on and knit. We finally had a chance to get together since the beginning of this year and I was excited to show her all that I've accomplished so far. She was impressed with what I've knitted and she really liked my felted bag and wants me to make one (that now makes 3 felted bags I'll have to make in the future, heh). She now seemed pretty interested in felting too, so I wouldn't be surprised if she had started on some felting project already.
L lives near some LYS up in Seattle which I've never been to, so I was really looking forward to checking out what yummy yarn I would come across (although I had to behave and not go too crazy). We made a stop at two shops then went out for some lunch. I'll try to post some photos of what I purchased tomorrow, because I have other photos I want to share today. All in all, I didn't break the bank (whew! talk about hard work hehe) but I came out with some things I've been meaning to get once I found them.
Today, my boyfriend (who I'll refer to hereon as Bear) and I got up really early and went up to the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival. We missed it last year because the weekends were usually rainy and it just didn't work out. There was a slight break in the weather system early this morning, which helped cast some much needed light for our photo taking (we also wanted to get there early to beat the crowds/traffic). Of course, no drive early in the morning would be right without some of this:
Once there, we found the tulip fields that we wanted to stop and take photos at. We also stopped at a local nursery. I was excited to find some of my PS2 colours that I needed to capture so that I can post them here on my blog. So without further adieu, please enjoy........ you know I did :)
Green
Pink
Yellow
Etc.
2 comments:
Wow, those are just beautiful!!!
Wow! Gorgeous tulips! Thanks for sharing your photos.
Post a Comment