Wow, I just went to check my email and got a wonderful surprise mail from WandaWoman letting me know that she chose me as one of her sock yarn winners from her blogiversary contest! I'm thrilled to win my first anything in the blogisphere, as I'm still quite new to all this, although I've been addictively reading many of them for the past few months. It looks like I won the Regia Provence sock yarn that I was eyeing, which reminds me of lavender (I guess the name Provence outta tell me that it's supposed to, eh?), my absolutely favorite scent. I'm like sickly obsessed with it, no exaggeration (ask Bear, he'd tell ya). I've got lavender pepper, lavender coffee, lavender dryer sheets, lavender soap, culinary lavender, name it, I've got it :) However, ever since Bear came across this article, he doesn't want me to slather his dry hands with my coveted lavender lotion anymore hehehe (nah, he's really not scared of getting man boobs, but the article was rather interesting).
Hmm, I have to think about what I want to do with the Regia.... I really really really want to try knitting socks, but I'm having doubts on whether I can yet or not. Perhaps I should try just one more project before I attack my first pair. If any of you out there have tips or just want to share your first sock knitting experience/nightmare, I'd love to hear about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment